Sunday, August 12, 2007

How great is our God!!!

Wow, I've had one long, crazy week. When I first walked into my classroom I was completely overwhelmed, but once I got to work it's really turned out good. There were a few times that I kept wondering around trying to figure out what to do next and a little bit scatter brained, but I think I'm almost ready for the 1st day of school. It's very exciting and scary all at the same time. I keep having the dreams where I've got everything together but nothing works. I don't think things will not work but I'm trying to be prepared for whatever comes my way.

On an absolutely positive note I went to a new church today. The church I have attended for the last year is good, I like it but I've never quite felt that stirring to want to get involved, I've always held back. So I've been thinking about visiting other churches. I come from many different background but most of my growing up years were attending a Methodist church so I thought why not try that first. There is a church in the area that I've passed a few times and always thought I should visit. So today was the day. I decided to go not knowing anyone or anything about it. And what a surprise. First of all the worship was wonderful. Today they began singing sacred hymns. And then I was so blessed to hear a young group of women sing "His eye is on the sparrow" and "How Great is the Father's love for us" with no music. It was beautiful. And to top it all off I knew the pastor from Chrysalis (a young adult ministry I was involved in for many years during high school and college). I have no idea if this is where the Lord will want me but I'm praying about it and will visit a few more times. And I must say that I actually wanted to find somewhere to get more involved and I hope to have the freedom in doing so at this church or where ever God would have me. How great is our God!!!!!

What a great way for me to start the school year, with so many blessings.

1 comment:

becky said...

Yaaay! I want to hear more about this church sometime :). How was your first day?

I'm praying for you, dearest friend.