Monday, August 6, 2007

I'm not ready

I just went to my school today and I'm in a different classroom, which I knew was coming. But here I am knowing I'm going start teaching in 1 week and I feel completely unprepared. Overwhelmed doesn't quite describe how I'm feeling. I know that all will come together and it will be just fine, but even knowing that I still have to get ready. My sister (who is an art teacher) and I were working on some lesson plans together when she began to write out a "to do" list. My response was there is so much I have to do at the moment that I don't even know what I need to do first. For me I have to get the big stuff in order first so I can make a list and prioritize all that I need to get done. So today I've accomplished one big task; I moved all the boxes from my old classroom to my new classroom. Tomorrow will be moving furniture and cleaning. It's times like these that I do wish I lived in the same town as my family or had a few friends that had some spare time to help out. Really only because it's so much more fun doing work together than doing it alone. But I have music. And I love listening to music.

So for now I'm on my way to Hobby Lobby!!! Fabric always helps brighten a room :)!

1 comment:

zippy said...

i would love to help! if only we weren't 7-8 hrs apart. :-\