Saturday, December 1, 2007

Home for the Holidays

I love being home for the holidays. Thanksgiving was wonderful. It is always lovely to spend time with family and friends. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my two favorite holidays. I love being around family and making so many wonderful memories. It was so wonderful to see some friends that I had not seen since the summer. I hope the time between seeing each other again will not be so long as the last. My mother and sister and I worked on quilts together. My mother and I worked on my Christmas quilt and it truly looks amazing. That's what I love about being home, just being able to hang out with my family and friends, no agendas, no big plans. Just being together sharing our lives with each other.

Today has been a cold rainy day. The type of day you want to spend taking an afternoon nap, oh wait I did. I woke bright and early this morning and completed all my errands before all the craziness began. It was simply splendid. I have a hard time being around lots and lots of people during the weekends. I can handle the crowds during the week, seeing as I'm a teacher but on the weekend I enjoy the relaxation and slow pace I can take. It was a long week for me and my students. I think all of us did not want to come back from Thanksgiving break.

All this week I've done a little Christmas decorating each day. I love decorating for the holidays. I don't' go all out just a few things here and there and of course the Christmas tree and lots of Christmas music. Oh there is so much I love about Christmas. I must also mention how much I love the winter time. To bundle up and drink hot chocolate by a fire, who wouldn't love that.

So I'm going to soak up every minute of the holidays. Here's hoping that your holidays are filled with joy and laughter.

1 comment:

becky said...

Kendra! :) I had a most lovely time with you over Thanksgiving... we must see each other again soon. Let's talk on the phone in the next week and pick some dates!

I hope things are well as we plunge toward Christmas! I'm sure that things are busy at school, and I will keep you in my prayers. Hang in there!

Love you girl...