Thursday, December 20, 2007

Quotes

Today was the last day of the semester. Hooray for Christmas Break!!!!! (One of the wonderful things about being a teacher is having the vacation time away from students)

As I twirled my thumbs during my students' semester test I was looking through this wonderful daily inspirational calendar and found a few quotes I would like to share:

"The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each other's burden, easing others' loads, and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas." W. C. Jones

"When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments; tenderness for what he is, and respect for what he may become." Louis Pasteur

"Experience teaches us when to wait and when to move forward." Janette Oke

"God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Cor 9:8

"Our Lord does not care so much for the importance of our works as for the love with which they are done." Teresa of Avila

"The mind, like a parachute, functions only when open." Unknown

"Goals are like the stars: they are always there. Adversity is like the clouds; it is temporary and will move on. Keep your eyes on the stars."

And lastly;

"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way!"

1 comment:

aduma said...

I have another quote for you: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for your card and gift; that little rubik's cube is hard! I expect you to solve it when you come out to visit next :-) Thank you again, and I hope the Lord has blessed you this Christmas season.