Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice Storm 2007

That is what they are calling the winter storm that has hit the entire state of Oklahoma. I like many other teachers and students in the state are at home today. Although I cannot complain about being home an extra day having lots of ice over snow is not such a good thing. As showing from my ability to write on my blog we still have electricity. But there are many people around the city and state that are without power and have been. Thank goodness the streets are not that bad and power companies are able to get out and fix the problems. I am pretty confident that we will have school tomorrow, or at least I can only hope so.

Last night like many of my students I'm sure I could not go to sleep so I stayed up a lot later than I normally do in hopes of sleeping in. But did I sleep in this morning, of course not. I woke up bright and early around 5:30 but it's a good thing because my alarm was still on so I turned it off and laid back in bed for awhile. Well I may not be a late night person but I am most certainly am a morning person.

I have almost completely finished sewing the binding on my quilt. I've read at least 2 books and watched more Christmas movies in the last few days than I have in a long time. So I've been at least somewhat productive.

I wish it were snowing instead of icing. I love to play in the snow. I love a real winter wonder land.

There is nothing I can do to prepare for my classes, seeing as I have everything at school. My intentions were to go up this weekend and clean up my class from Friday's activity but did that happen, no.

I've completed most of my Christmas shopping, yay!!!

It is very cold outside, hence the ice.

I plan on staying inside where it is warm and toasty.

I might do some Christmas wrapping.
I really can't think of anything else but I'm a little bored so I keep rambling on.

If it's cold where you are, try and stay warm.

No comments: