Thursday, July 19, 2007

Kindred Spirits

One of my all time favorite movies is "Anne of Green Gables." From this movie I took the phrase "kindred spirit." I have been blessed to know some amazing people who are truly kindred spirits. They are those people who as soon as you meet them you know them. You connect with them in a special way, not always in the same way. Most often then not it is in completely different ways. They are those rare people in your life who you don't see everyday or maybe not even once a week, but as soon as you around each other it is as though you were never apart.

Life is an incredible journey and we all walk a different path. But I simply must say what a treasure it is to have kindred spirits cross my path and at times walk with me a little ways.

Tonight I visited with two of those kindred spirits in my life. It's amazing how refreshed we are after visiting with one another. There is still that part of me that longs to have that everyday. And in His sweet amazing grace Jesus simply reminds me that He is a true kindred spirit and he never leaves my side. Oh what an awesome God that we serve. That He would come down from heaven to serve us and minister to us and give His life that we might know Him intimately as our Savior and so much more.

No comments: