Friday, July 13, 2007

Mothers

I love my mom. It's so amazing to me how my mom can make a friend wherever she goes. I know for a fact my mother is not the only one who befriends almost anyone she meets. It makes me think about myself and whether or not I actually take the time to ask how someones day is or if I'm in too much of a hurry and I impatiently wait for my receipt so I can get home as soon as possible to avoid people in general. I think we all have something to learn from our mothers.

I went to a quilt show today with my mother. It is truly amazing the work of art that was on display. My mother and I now have more projects to work on. I am very excited about making a small wall hanging in the shape of a flag with the pledge of allegiance to hang in my classroom. Last year my flag kept falling off the wall and all I heard from my students is that I had to burn it because it was on the ground. I of course did not burn the flag but now I will have something much better in its place.

We finally have sun outside!!! So I'm going to find something to do outside in the warm summer sun. Enjoy your day and give your mom a call, she misses you.

No comments: